Tk's mainloop() - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Tk's mainloop()

4017740177 Posts: 1Member
Say there's a Tk GUI application and I need to do something in each cycle of mainloop(). For example, handling socket connections with socket.accept(). How can I do that? Is there some kind of WM_message I could bind my handler function to?

Comments

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : Say there's a Tk GUI application and I need to do something in each cycle of mainloop(). For example, handling socket connections with socket.accept(). How can I do that? Is there some kind of WM_message I could bind my handler function to?

That's a very good question. If I have time I'll try looking up an answer for you. You could also post it at comp.lang.python, which is where most Pythonistas hang out.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]