Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

BOSS PROBLEMS

khaagnerkhaagner Posts: 4Member

Problem that needs urgent attention in that my boss (who was a good coder in his day - but has forgotten over the years) expects me to do maintenance projects on an undocumented archaic COBOL system, and then sets a time deadline without even analysis. If I don't, in his opinion, shape up, he's taking me to his boss who happens to be a Financial Director who knows very little (by his own admission) of IT development.
What I am asking of you is your comments, in open forum, to convey to this financial director before such time that my boss speaks to him.
Much appreciated, Ken Haagner.