Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Can't find compiler.

MargaloMargalo Posts: 75Member
I have a MS-DOS computer that I would like to put a C compiler on. I heard about a compiler called QC that I would be able to use, however I cannot find it anywere. If anyone could tell me where I could find a copy of it, it would be greatly appreciated.
-Margalo ;-)

Comments

• shaolin007shaolin007 Posts: 1,018Member
    : I have a MS-DOS computer that I would like to put a C compiler on. I heard about a compiler called QC that I would be able to use, however I cannot find it anywere. If anyone could tell me where I could find a copy of it, it would be greatly appreciated.
    : -Margalo ;-)
    :

[green]
    I know you can get turbo c for free from Borlands website.
    [/green]

• MargaloMargalo Posts: 75Member
    : : I have a MS-DOS computer that I would like to put a C compiler on. I heard about a compiler called QC that I would be able to use, however I cannot find it anywere. If anyone could tell me where I could find a copy of it, it would be greatly appreciated.
    : : -Margalo ;-)
    : :
    :
    : [green]
    : I know you can get turbo c for free from Borlands website.
    : [/green]
    :
    :
    Yes but turbo c won't be compatible with MS-DOS I'm looking for Q/QuickC
    thanks anyway ill check it out
  • VilanyeVilanye Posts: 684Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by Vilanye at 2005-7-13 15:5:15[/red][/b][hr]
    [b][red]This message was edited by Vilanye at 2005-7-13 15:1:3[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : I have a MS-DOS computer that I would like to put a C compiler on. I heard about a compiler called QC that I would be able to use, however I cannot find it anywere. If anyone could tell me where I could find a copy of it, it would be greatly appreciated.
    : : : -Margalo ;-)
    : : :
    : : [green]
    : : I know you can get turbo c for free from Borlands website.
    : : [/green]
    : Yes but turbo c won't be compatible with MS-DOS I'm looking for Q/QuickC
    : thanks anyway ill check it out
    :
    The old turbo compilers from Borland are MS-DOS compilers. I used to have it on a bunch of floppies. They are listed at

http://community.borland.com/museum/

Here is a site that should point you in the right direction.

http://www.thefreecountry.com/compilers/cpp.shtml

• Gregry2Gregry2 Posts: 607Member
    : : : : I have a MS-DOS computer that I would like to put a C compiler on. I heard about a compiler called QC that I would be able to use, however I cannot find it anywere. If anyone could tell me where I could find a copy of it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thats Microsoft QuickC, correct? You know how microsoft is so stingy to release anything, even things that Bill Gates made in his diapers come at their original price, wel mayb not. you can probably fid it pirated somewhere, however, its best to stay clean and just get turbo c. Borland was as good as Microsoft on compilers those days.

I have one, but my dos machine chose to burn its own bios, or it was me, i dunno.

{2}rIng
  • MargaloMargalo Posts: 75Member
    : : : : : I have a MS-DOS computer that I would like to put a C compiler on. I heard about a compiler called QC that I would be able to use, however I cannot find it anywere. If anyone could tell me where I could find a copy of it, it would be greatly appreciated.
    :
    : Thats Microsoft QuickC, correct? You know how microsoft is so stingy to release anything, even things that Bill Gates made in his diapers come at their original price, wel mayb not. you can probably fid it pirated somewhere, however, its best to stay clean and just get turbo c. Borland was as good as Microsoft on compilers those days.
    :
    : I have one, but my dos machine chose to burn its own bios, or it was me, i dunno.
    :
    : {2}rIng
    :
    yes it is a good idea Thanks i got a copy of turbo C its been working well so far thanks to all!
    -Margalo ;-)