Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Core dump problem

rohit2383rohit2383 Member Posts: 80 ✭✭
I have written a Pro*C program which accesses oracle data. I am trying to run it on a HP-UX 11.00 machine. I am able to make the program but as soon as I run it it crashes and gives a core dump file. It says it recieved the SIGBUS signal and terminated. Please could somebody explain what this is.
Thanks a lot
Rohit

Comments

• DB1DB1 Member Posts: 1,142
    : I have written a Pro*C program which accesses oracle data. I am trying to run it on a HP-UX 11.00 machine. I am able to make the program but as soon as I run it it crashes and gives a core dump file. It says it recieved the SIGBUS signal and terminated. Please could somebody explain what this is.
    : Thanks a lot
    : Rohit
    :

Do a google search on 'SIGBUS' to see that computer programs may throw SIGBUS for improper memory handling.

You should build a debug version of your program and run it in a debugger to get to the root cause.

You can also google around for 'core dump' to see what it is, and how you can use it to figure out what went wrong.

[italic][blue]To understand recursive, first you need to understand recursive[/blue][/italic]