Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Building a Website (including PHP)

Hey..
I am working in a website..
And they asked me to learn PHP and develop the website..

Dear Geeks......

Firstly I am learning PHP ....
I know a Bit of html...
I want to know How is PHP usefull in Websites..
And what other things should be learned to master PHP

I know the questions are really easy and Silly !!!!!!!!!!

Post reply Soon

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : Hey..
    : I am working in a website..
    : And they asked me to learn PHP and develop the website..
    :
    : Dear Geeks......
    :
    : Firstly I am learning PHP ....
    : I know a Bit of html...
    : I want to know How is PHP usefull in Websites..
    It lets you do dynamic stuff. From guestbooks to message boards to ecommerce sites.

: And what other things should be learned to master PHP
    :
    Most web apps store their data (e.g. if it's a forum, then posts and so on) in a database, so you'll likely want to learn some SQL and other database stuff.

Learn to be a good programmer. Comment your code well, organize it into managable chunks.

Also, make sure you learn about security stuff. Your PHP scripts run on the server, not in the user's web browser, menaing that if they are insecure all kinds of bad things can happen.

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• satyadevsatyadev Posts: 11Member
    Hi friend!
    PHP is very powerfull tool and technology in todays opensource technology. it have numbers of inbuilt methods, which is easier to use.
    php is used to replace the problem of CGI. so if you are interested to work with opensource technology the you should go for that.
    you can learn php from http://wwww.php.net

With Regards,
    Satyadev Singh
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : Hi friend!
    : PHP is very powerfull tool and technology in todays opensource
    : technology.
    Yes, it has quite a bit of backing.

: it have numbers of inbuilt methods, which is easier to use.
    A cleaner distinction between what's in the core languages and what is in a library would have been kinda nice, though. Then, PHP didn't have namespaces until version 5, if I remember correctly. Not sure about your easier to use argument.

: php is used to replace the problem of CGI. so if you are interested to
    : work with opensource technology the you should go for that.
    What problem of CGI? PHP can be run in CGI mode anyway, and doing so alongside suexec can have security advantages. Though yes, you lose something in performance when you don't run it as a server module. But other languages (that you might regard as CGI languages) can run within the web server too. See mod_perl, mod_python, mod_mono, etc.

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• jerlin09jerlin09 Posts: 2Member
    This post has been deleted.
  • srewardsreward Posts: 12Member
    [size=2]yes i do i agree with you that hypertext preprocessor is a pwerful tool and technology. it is a scripting language and can e used for language that is especially suited for Web development and can be embedded into HTML. by using php and ajax you can develop efficient of Website Templates, Joomla templates and CSS templates. and these kind of templates having high worth in market these days.
    yes html is a basic language for web development. now their is rapid changes in scripting languages from html to java, php and then ajax. by using these kind of scripting languages you can develop ready made Website Templates, Joomla Templates CSS Templates. through this you can give deliberate and rapid online development solutions.
  • lawmaker121lawmaker121 Posts: 12Member
    These days Joomla and Drupal are used for quick php actions.