Empty Date or DateTime string - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Empty Date or DateTime string

VOmigrantVOmigrant Posts: 24Member
In order to avoid a null DateTime field in my ACCESS database table, how do I fill it with an 'empty' Date or DateTime string?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Comments

• Bill25Bill25 Posts: 51Member
    : In order to avoid a null DateTime field in my ACCESS database table, how do I fill it with an 'empty' Date or DateTime string?
    :
    : Thank you for your help in advance.
    :

I think SQL server uses something like 1900-01-01 or 1899-12-31 when you store only time in a datetime column.
    You could use something like that ...
  • VOmigrantVOmigrant Posts: 24Member
    : : In order to avoid a null DateTime field in my ACCESS database table, how do I fill it with an 'empty' Date or DateTime string?
    : :
    : : Thank you for your help in advance.
    : :
    :
    :
    : I think SQL server uses something like 1900-01-01 or 1899-12-31 when you store only time in a datetime column.
    : You could use something like that ...
    :
    Hi Bill25, thanks for your suggestion. However, it can't be worked that way, because the old dBaseIII file converted to ACCESS have empty 'Date of birth' fields which were allowed in my Clipper programs during the DOS era. Now, with VB.NET, I use a DateTimePicker for that field, it shows the current date for any Date column which is blank, moreover, when adding a new record it is kind of odd to show current date in a 'Date of birth' field on screen, and that really drive me nut... Somehow there must be a way to work round it. Thanks.