Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

another vb database program

I have a database that fine I have a datagrid that has allownew set to true so you can add new record I have a add command button that moves to the previous record that you hit when you get done enter the new record I have a error handle in that code that says on error goto errorhandle I put that at the top of my code and I have the error handle label at the bottom that put up a message box that says what the required field are I did that because I knew that the most common error would be not entering information in one of the required fields my problem is I still get the meaningless vb error message when I hit ok on it then my message shows up how can I not get the vb error message to show up btw after the message box code I have resume next

Comments

• GogiGogi Member Posts: 258
    [b][red]This message was edited by Moderator at 2005-7-27 16:14:39[/red][/b][hr]
    : I have a database that fine I have a datagrid that has allownew set to true so you can add new record I have a add command button that moves to the previous record that you hit when you get done enter the new record I have a error handle in that code that says on error goto errorhandle I put that at the top of my code and I have the error handle label at the bottom that put up a message box that says what the required field are I did that because I knew that the most common error would be not entering information in one of the required fields my problem is I still get the meaningless vb error message when I hit ok on it then my message shows up how can I not get the vb error message to show up btw after the message box code I have resume next
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

Hi,
    Maybe this can help:
    [code]
    Private Sub Adodc1_Error(ByVal ErrorNumber As Long, Description As String, ByVal Scode As Long, ByVal Source As String, ByVal HelpFile As String, ByVal HelpContext As Long, fCancelDisplay As Boolean)

fCancelDisplay = True

End Sub
    [/code]

Gogi