ABC Test Program - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

ABC Test Program

PajniPajni Posts: 2Member
Hi, Im making a program were you can test how fast you can type the alphabeticts(spelling?)

Anyways, I got stuck. I was thinking of a TTimer to check what keys are pressed and in the correct order every ms. As for were I got stuck I don not know what code I should use. Here is a little example of what I mean, but its not functioning. anyways, If the user press wrong key the user fails. Hope I explained good :S

If key 'a' then
if key 'b' then
if key 'c' then

etc

else label1.caption:='Failure';

just wrote this as a quick example of what I mean.

Comments

• IDKIDK Posts: 1,784Member
    : Hi, Im making a program were you can test how fast you can type the alphabeticts(spelling?)
    :
    : Anyways, I got stuck. I was thinking of a TTimer to check what keys are pressed and in the correct order every ms. As for were I got stuck I don not know what code I should use. Here is a little example of what I mean, but its not functioning. anyways, If the user press wrong key the user fails. Hope I explained good :S
    :
    : If key 'a' then
    : if key 'b' then
    : if key 'c' then
    :
    : etc
    :
    : else label1.caption:='Failure';
    :
    : just wrote this as a quick example of what I mean.
    :
    I have done the same thing in basic.
    If you are interested I could give
    you the code.

I did with a smart sulution in ascii.

[b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]

• PajniPajni Posts: 2Member
    actually I got it working now by "cheating" I did an mainmenu1 with the keys binded to each letter. The "code" I used so the user cant cheat or anything like that I just used:

b.enabled:=true
    a.enabled:=false

etc on every key.

But this doesnt really stop the player from failing when the wrong key is pressed.

anyways, I got a newbieproblem here, as if the other question wasnt =)

this code:

Memo1.lines.Add:=inttostr(sec)+':'+inttostr(hundradel);

doens work, what did I miss ?