Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

keep a connection open to smtp server

Hi everyone, i am new to php development but i was wondering if it is possible for me to keep a socket connection open to an smtp server and use that connection to handle all the request that may come in. I am aware that if it is possible it may put a strain on the connection so i might try to implement some sort of basic connection pooling where i just keep an array of connections open. I am also very interested to know if this is a good idea and what effects would it have on the http server. My attempt is to decrease the time it takes for a message to be accepted after a user sends it. I also know that i have to find someway of keeping the connection alive, but i was thinking of sending a bogus msg every 5 mins or maybe php sockets already has something to handle this.

thx in advance for any help