Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

stupid question

This is a stupid question, but I'm unable to find the answer.
I started messing around with smalltalk and I need to use the keyboard
character | as in | myFile | . How do you make that symbol on the regular 101 key US keyboard?
thanks

Comments

• AlexandrescuAlexandrescu Posts: 66Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by Alexandrescu at 2005-10-4 0:56:54[/red][/b][hr]
    : This is a stupid question, but I'm unable to find the answer.
    : I started messing around with smalltalk and I need to use the keyboard
    : character | as in | myFile | . How do you make that symbol on the regular 101 key US keyboard?
    : thanks
    :

My god, that hurts! :-D You simply made my day!

That key is located between and .
    PS: You have to use too

Example: |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Or you could simply cut and paste... :-D

Now, seriously: what kind of keyboard were you using when you typed "character | as in | myFile |" in this postage? Could it be the german one - because that layout is widely spread too. One of my computers is equipped with such a kind of keyboard... I use to type romanian texts; and I know for a fact that it requires a prodigious memory to type romanian diacritics... on a german keyboard :-(
    That's the reason I answered your STUPID question; because it isn't stupid at all, but just amusing.