POS bar-code - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

POS bar-code

martbasemartbase Posts: 49Member
Hi developers,

I would like to know if it's possible to get the data read by a hand-held POS scanner in Delphi. The data is usually printed on items being sold in bar-code format and read by passing the scanner over the bar-code. Is there any Windows API or Delphi component for working with bar-codes? Any assistance, examples or articles relating to this area will be of great help and will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hi developers,
    :
    : I would like to know if it's possible to get the data read by a hand-held POS scanner in Delphi. The data is usually printed on items being sold in bar-code format and read by passing the scanner over the bar-code. Is there any Windows API or Delphi component for working with bar-codes? Any assistance, examples or articles relating to this area will be of great help and will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    :
    :
    Most of these accesoires come with drivers. These drivers may be accessible through a COM interface, but to be sure, you'll nee to find the driver library or the documentation about it.
  • UlvertUlvert Posts: 58Member
    What kind of interface does it use?

If it is "Wedge" you just connect it to the keyboard port on the computer and it acts like if you enter the barcode by hand.

Where i work all scanners (we have 300-400 scanners) use serial communication and are connected to the computers Com-port (Com1, Com2, etc) through RS-232. If this is the case Delphi has a few serial comunication components that can be used.

Good luck!

//Ulvert