Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

System Date

EclayEclay Member Posts: 26
This should be an easy one for most of you, but I'm not sure how to do this. I'm trying to add a date function to my form. I want the date field to automatically get the system date once someone enters the form. How might I go about in doing that? Thanks for your help.

Comments

• nabilahnabilah Member Posts: 16
    : This should be an easy one for most of you, but I'm not sure how to do this. I'm trying to add a date function to my form. I want the date field to automatically get the system date once someone enters the form. How might I go about in doing that? Thanks for your help.
    :
    you can just go to menu bar and choose insert.from that just choose date and time and make a selection from that.
  • dokken2dokken2 Member Posts: 532
    : : This should be an easy one for most of you, but I'm not sure how to do this. I'm trying to add a date function to my form. I want the date field to automatically get the system date once someone enters the form. How might I go about in doing that? Thanks for your help.
    : :
    : you can just go to menu bar and choose insert.from that just choose date and time and make a selection from that.
    :

For the textbox, set the Default Value property to: =Date()
    You could also tie into the the OnGotFocus or OnEnter events.
  • netwiznetwiz Member Posts: 4
    : : : This should be an easy one for most of you, but I'm not sure how to do this. I'm trying to add a date function to my form. I want the date field to automatically get the system date once someone enters the form. How might I go about in doing that? Thanks for your help.
    : : :
    : : you can just go to menu bar and choose insert.from that just choose date and time and make a selection from that.
    : :
    :
    : For the textbox, set the Default Value property to: =Date()
    : You could also tie into the the OnGotFocus or OnEnter events.
    :
    Go to your Table's Design View, in your date field choose in the Data Type column dropdown combobox (Date/Time)this format the field as a Date or Time. In the Field Properties section in the lower half of the Desing View, navigate to the Format option once there you can click on the dropdown arrow and choose choose from a veriety of Date/Time formats, or you can enter your own.

Netwiz
    Salient Technologies