Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Help! Modelling Poker in Java

SleepMonsterSleepMonster Posts: 4Member
Hello People, I am currently trying to write a Poker betting aid for use with online poker. Basically I want a program to calculate percentage odds based on the cards i'm dealt, and as the hand progresses, which makes use of a GUI. So far i can see the need for classes that model; A card (suit and rank etc), A deck of cards, a hand (pocket cards, flop, turn, river), a player, I will also need my GUI. Where do I specify what constitutes a potential winning hand (e.g. isPair(Hand h){} from pair through to is StraigtFlush(Hand h){} straight flush etc), and also where would I put my algorithm that takes in the current cards in the hand and calculates the percentages. Would that all occur in a poker class? or am I looking at a seperate class to do hand evaluation? Or have I overseen far more classes than I have mentioned above?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.