Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

please help elderly lady to play M&M 6,7,8 on xp

Hello young intellegent ones,

Iam at your mercy! I have a new Dell xp s2, pentium 4.As i am trying to download my games they don't pass the direct x test.I have dx 9.The games go on to download fine but when i bring up the start window and click on play the games dont download and i get a microsoft error message and i send error report.
I would like to get threw theese games again before the grim reaper comes for me.
thanks madammaggiemae

Comments

• MT2002MT2002 Posts: 1,444Member
    : Hello young intellegent ones,
    :
    : Iam at your mercy! I have a new Dell xp s2, pentium 4.As i am trying to download my games they don't pass the direct x test.I have dx 9.The games go on to download fine but when i bring up the start window and click on play the games dont download and i get a microsoft error message and i send error report.
    : I would like to get threw theese games again before the grim reaper comes for me.
    : thanks madammaggiemae
    [blue]
    M&M = Might & Magic? That looks like a good game.
    I might try it out..(I love RPGs).

Anyway..

-Are you sure they require DirectX?
    -Some games allow the switching of APIs (That is,
    There might be a way to change the games' settings
    so it uses something other then DirectX).
    -[b]What exactally is the error message? ..Happens?[/b]

If M&M was released before XP, then you may need to
    set compatibility modes.

You could also try to post this in a more relivant
    forum (such as a game site).[/blue]
  • madammaggiemaemadammaggiemae Posts: 2Member
    : : Hello young intellegent ones,
    : :
    : : Iam at your mercy! I have a new Dell xp s2, pentium 4.As i am trying to download my games they don't pass the direct x test.I have dx 9.The games go on to download fine but when i bring up the start window and click on play the games dont download and i get a microsoft error message and i send error report.
    : : I would like to get threw theese games again before the grim reaper comes for me.
    : : thanks madammaggiemae
    : [blue]
    : M&M = Might & Magic? That looks like a good game.
    : I might try it out..(I love RPGs).
    :
    : Anyway..
    :
    : -Are you sure they require DirectX?
    : -Some games allow the switching of APIs (That is,
    : There might be a way to change the games' settings
    : so it uses something other then DirectX).
    : -[b]What exactally is the error message? ..Happens?[/b]
    :
    : If M&M was released before XP, then you may need to
    : set compatibility modes.
    :
    : You could also try to post this in a more relivant
    : forum (such as a game site).[/blue]
    :