Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Try...Except

I want to use a try...except block but when an exception occurs I get a Delphi error message 'Process stopped...error...Press Step or Run to continue'. If I then click on Step or Run the except statements execute as I want. How can I stop the Delphi message appearing?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : I want to use a try...except block but when an exception occurs I get a Delphi error message 'Process stopped...error...Press Step or Run to continue'. If I then click on Step or Run the except statements execute as I want. How can I stop the Delphi message appearing?
    : Thanks in advance for any help.
    :
    From inside the Delphi debugger all exceptions are shown. If you run your program as a normal windows application (not from within the debugger) the exceptions will be caught by your code and the user won't see them, unless you show them of course.
  • Jimi HendrixJimi Hendrix Posts: 9Member
    Oh, that's great. Thanks for your help again, it is really appreciated.
    Good luck.
    : : I want to use a try...except block but when an exception occurs I get a Delphi error message 'Process stopped...error...Press Step or Run to continue'. If I then click on Step or Run the except statements execute as I want. How can I stop the Delphi message appearing?
    : : Thanks in advance for any help.
    : :
    : From inside the Delphi debugger all exceptions are shown. If you run your program as a normal windows application (not from within the debugger) the exceptions will be caught by your code and the user won't see them, unless you show them of course.
    :