Try...Except - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Try...Except

I want to use a try...except block but when an exception occurs I get a Delphi error message 'Process stopped...error...Press Step or Run to continue'. If I then click on Step or Run the except statements execute as I want. How can I stop the Delphi message appearing?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : I want to use a try...except block but when an exception occurs I get a Delphi error message 'Process stopped...error...Press Step or Run to continue'. If I then click on Step or Run the except statements execute as I want. How can I stop the Delphi message appearing?
    : Thanks in advance for any help.
    :
    From inside the Delphi debugger all exceptions are shown. If you run your program as a normal windows application (not from within the debugger) the exceptions will be caught by your code and the user won't see them, unless you show them of course.
  • Jimi HendrixJimi Hendrix Posts: 9Member
    Oh, that's great. Thanks for your help again, it is really appreciated.
    Good luck.
    : : I want to use a try...except block but when an exception occurs I get a Delphi error message 'Process stopped...error...Press Step or Run to continue'. If I then click on Step or Run the except statements execute as I want. How can I stop the Delphi message appearing?
    : : Thanks in advance for any help.
    : :
    : From inside the Delphi debugger all exceptions are shown. If you run your program as a normal windows application (not from within the debugger) the exceptions will be caught by your code and the user won't see them, unless you show them of course.
    :