Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

game development help ( guide line )

Hello! I am seeking help for information about how should I start development a game . Following is what I need to develope :-

Game server in VC++ with multithread which can handle multiple rooms each room will have 15 players which will play the game and the server should handel more than 100 room when players loose on each table they are kicked out of the game and eventually the left players are moved to other rooms and old room is closed to balance the players and eventualy the last 15 players will reach the last room till each one of them has lost the game . Its a tournament type of game .

I can look round and do the programming but I need some ones help to guide me how can I manage this in VC++ using threads and sockets to let the players connect the main server application and the moved to the room for plan and have multiple rooms communicate with multiple players under one common server application and in their correspoding rooms to play the game .

Comments

• DB1DB1 Member Posts: 1,142
    : Hello! I am seeking help for information about how should I start development a game . Following is what I need to develope :-
    :
    : Game server in VC++ with multithread which can handle multiple rooms each room will have 15 players which will play the game and the server should handel more than 100 room when players loose on each table they are kicked out of the game and eventually the left players are moved to other rooms and old room is closed to balance the players and eventualy the last 15 players will reach the last room till each one of them has lost the game . Its a tournament type of game .
    :
    : I can look round and do the programming but I need some ones help to guide me how can I manage this in VC++ using threads and sockets to let the players connect the main server application and the moved to the room for plan and have multiple rooms communicate with multiple players under one common server application and in their correspoding rooms to play the game .
    :

This is pretty easy to do, although will take some time and planning. First create your main server which accepts logging in by the client. The main server can send info to the client such as a list of rooms to join. The client would then connect to a room, and be able to switch rooms. The rooms should be able to accept connections from the clients, and do the tasks such as transferring player data, game data, and chat etc.. to the various connected clients, as well as keeping in touch with the main server. It's the clients' job to display the data to the user.

You can do it with or without threads. Without threads would mean that each virtual room was it's own executable running, and able to communicate with the main server via sockets. Threaded would mean you will have a way to syncronize threads to communicate with the main running process.

[italic][blue]To understand recursive, first you need to understand recursive[/blue][/italic]