Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

GUI button assistance

tonjastonjas Posts: 1Member
[b][red]This message was edited by tonjas at 2005-6-26 10:40:19[/red][/b][hr]
I am attempting to construct a jeopardy program.
Difficulty arises when trying to have one button variable respond to every button click event. (The layout of the scores/questions are established in a method where new buttons are placed in changing coordinates)
i.e,
if (buttonObj == valueButton)
{
messageBox(etc.......

GBFrame is currently the frame of reference.
Any help would be super-duper!

Comments

• moomoo Posts: 147Member
    >> I am attempting to construct a jeopardy program.
    >> Difficulty arises when trying to have one button variable respond to
    >> every button click event. (The layout of the scores/questions are
    >> established in a method where new buttons are placed in changing
    >> coordinates)

Hi,
    i'm not quite sure what you mean. are you trying to have one button to handle different events and react to them context sesitive ? to make it clear: buttonA does a repaint or sums up a players score depending on the context it is used. is that what you want to do ?
    if so you might just attach some kind of state to your button which changes in context or you might change the action command. another solution might be to create a button for each action and replace them in a panel given to the context.