lets make a game , calling all newbies!! - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

lets make a game , calling all newbies!!

hey i just had an idea,
why not pool in all our ideas through the forum and then make a game .
as always a COMBINED EFFORT LEADS TO SUCCESS. lets make the team work possible buddies. !!
waiting.. for replies
vishnu ajit

Comments

• bereket tolchabereket tolcha Posts: 10Member
    : hey i just had an idea,
    : why not pool in all our ideas through the forum and then make a game .
    : as always a COMBINED EFFORT LEADS TO SUCCESS. lets make the team work possible buddies. !!
    : waiting.. for replies
    : vishnu ajit
    :
    I am happy with it so let's wait for other friends.
    bereket
  • forestlaw89forestlaw89 Posts: 3Member
    : as always a COMBINED EFFORT LEADS TO SUCCESS. lets make the team work possible buddies. !!
    :
    Sure why not I'm a newb to C++ and I was looking for someone to make a game with keep writing so I can be up to date

• klisklis Posts: 4Member
    Sounds cool! What you guys got in mind? Any ideas yet? Wanna go 2D or 3D?
  • KilikKilik Posts: 1Member
    :
    yeh why not i want to start creating games and learn the programming for them but i dont know where to start!!
  • FazFaz Posts: 75Member
    : : hey i just had an idea,
    : : why not pool in all our ideas through the forum and then make a game .
    : : as always a COMBINED EFFORT LEADS TO SUCCESS. lets make the team work possible buddies. !!
    : : waiting.. for replies
    : : vishnu ajit
    : :
    : yeh why not i want to start creating games and learn the programming for them but i dont know where to start!!
    :
    You can count me in!! I'm excellent with Visual Basic. What kind of game is this going to be? I have an awesome idea, to make an RPG with the real world statistics, e.g. The ability to make the enemy bleed or cause a serious injury. All attributes such as strength and speed upgrade on turn, depending on the move chosen. i.e. If you get struck by a magic Ice spell, you become more resistant to Magic and the Ice element. Also, I think it'd be a good idea for an RPG to use the environment in a way that in the dark, you're accuracy is lowered (unless you have night vision goggles equipped)

Keep me updated on anything that's happening with this, I'm very curious to know how we could work together, how is it going to work? Are we each going to have seperate tasks?
  • simion314simion314 Posts: 39Member
    now i am studiing directx9 for managed code and i want to make some game to improve my tehnique. if you decidde to use the net framework than contact me.
    P.S. directx9 for managed code is more easier because is more object oriented and is only 5% slower, it has the avantage that you can write easily some code. there are some 3d engines too but i didn't have time to study them. i sugest using the .net and directx, but the main problem is to find an good story for the game and ...we talk an other time.
    simion314

• flyboy_1993flyboy_1993 Posts: 1Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by flyboy_1993 at 2007-4-18 20:45:56[/red][/b][hr]
    :
    I really want to but I am new to programming and don't really what a good language for game programming is. But I will help any way I can.
    keep me updated.

• kaku_14kaku_14 Posts: 10Member
    M a ogre3d programmer,this is a good game engine.. keep me informed about any new developments about the game we're trying to develop
  • harakimharakim Posts: 3Member
    Ogre3D is pretty great. I'm a Java programmer, but anyone can learn any language really. I'd be interested in helping, but I've learned that I suck at designing [b]3D[/b] game servers.
  • FirecoreFirecore Posts: 18Member
    Is it possible to make games as good as flash in VB?