Problem with App. Icon - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Problem with App. Icon

lajevardilajevardi Posts: 42Member
Hi guys;
i change application icon via Project>Option>Application>Load icon...,
But it does not work;
i was load a .ico image!
?!?!?

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hi guys;
    : i change application icon via Project>Option>Application>Load icon...,
    : But it does not work;
    : i was load a .ico image!
    : ?!?!?
    :
    :
    I don't understand your question. What doesn't work? Doesn't the icon load into the application's resources? Or do you want to load a .bmp image as icon?
  • lajevardilajevardi Posts: 42Member
    : : Hi guys;
    : : i change application icon via Project>Option>Application>Load icon...,
    : : But it does not work;
    : : i was load a .ico image!
    : : ?!?!?
    : :
    : I don't understand your question. What doesn't work? Doesn't the icon load into the application's resources? Or do you want to load a .bmp image as icon?
    :
    The Application Icon does not change!
  • GaashiusGaashius Posts: 349Member
    : : : Hi guys;
    : : : i change application icon via Project>Option>Application>Load icon...,
    : : : But it does not work;
    : : : i was load a .ico image!
    : : : ?!?!?
    : : :
    : : I don't understand your question. What doesn't work? Doesn't the icon load into the application's resources? Or do you want to load a .bmp image as icon?
    : The Application Icon does not change!
    :
    Well, maybe you're pressing Cancel instead of OK(I'm sure you didn't do this but maybe by accident..?)

Any questions? Just ask!

:-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)

• lajevardilajevardi Posts: 42Member
    : : : : Hi guys;
    : : : : i change application icon via Project>Option>Application>Load icon...,
    : : : : But it does not work;
    : : : : i was load a .ico image!
    : : : : ?!?!?
    : : : :
    : : : I don't understand your question. What doesn't work? Doesn't the icon load into the application's resources? Or do you want to load a .bmp image as icon?
    : : The Application Icon does not change!
    : Well, maybe you're pressing Cancel instead of OK(I'm sure you didn't do this but maybe by accident..?)
    :
    : ****************
    : Any questions? Just ask!
    :
    : :-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)
    :
    :
    :

=))
    , tnx ;)
  • softmansoftman Posts: 157Member
    : : : : : Hi guys;
    : : : : : i change application icon via Project>Option>Application>Load icon...,
    : : : : : But it does not work;
    : : : : : i was load a .ico image!
    : : : : : ?!?!?
    : : : : :
    : : : : :
    : : : : I don't understand your question. What doesn't work? Doesn't the icon load into the application's resources? Or do you want to load a .bmp image as icon?
    : : : The Application Icon does not change!
    : : Well, maybe you're pressing Cancel instead of OK(I'm sure you didn't do this but maybe by accident..?)
    : : ****************
    : : Any questions? Just ask!
    : : :-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)
    :
    : =))
    : , tnx ;)
    :
    Hi!

It can be a real problem, as it happened with me also.
    I have properly assigned the application icon, and in the property form it shown up right.(and pressed the OK button, tried it several times) But after compiling the project, the application exe icon stayed as the delphi default. Actually the resource file could not load.
    The solution was. I have opened the application main .pas.

I'v searched the line :
    {$R *.res}
    I'v checked the actual resource name in my project directory "system.res" (my app was:system.exe)
    I'v changed the line to {$R system.res}
    After compiling it, everithing was great, the exe icon changed.
    (originaly I lost my app icon, when I'v changed the main from from sdi to mdi)

\///
    /O O
    | | |
    | _ |
    ___/
    SoftMan