Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Console Tools

Hi. I'm a young game designer and I was wonder if anyone knows any tools and what-not I can use to create games for an NES, SNES, or Gameboy. I'm a bit new to the whole thing, so if this is a stupid question don't get mad at me. Thanks.

Comments

• gautamgautam Posts: 642Member
    There are a few tools for the game boy but it only creates the artwork. You still need to the write the tools for the levels and the code for the game itself.

: Hi. I'm a young game designer and I was wonder if anyone knows any tools and what-not I can use to create games for an NES, SNES, or Gameboy. I'm a bit new to the whole thing, so if this is a stupid question don't get mad at me. Thanks.
    :

• MT2002MT2002 Posts: 1,444Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by MT2002 at 2005-10-19 17:38:30[/red][/b][hr]
    [b][red]This message was edited by MT2002 at 2005-10-19 17:34:14[/red][/b][hr]
    : There are a few tools for the game boy but it only creates the artwork. You still need to the write the tools for the levels and the code for the game itself.
    :
    : : Hi. I'm a young game designer and I was wonder if anyone knows any tools and what-not I can use to create games for an NES, SNES, or Gameboy. I'm a bit new to the whole thing, so if this is a stupid question don't get mad at me. Thanks.
    : :
    :
    :
    [blue]
    How about GBA? Check out this site for a great
    tutorial:

http://www.loirak.com/gameboy/gbatutor.php

NES and SNES can only be programmed in assembler.
    I heard there were C compilers for SNES, but they
    were terrible.

SNES tutorial:
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Super_NES_Programming

I recommend developing for SNES for fun only.
    It is way obsolete, and should not be used for
    actual production.

Have fun;
    [/blue]