Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

file browsing and select

guys,

can anyone help me?
currently i'm on a project using delphi6 involving database(ms access 2000) with driver jet4.0. i need to make an interface in the application to browse file and select the database that'll be used in the application,but i don't know how.please,i need some guidances.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : guys,
    :
    : can anyone help me?
    : currently i'm on a project using delphi6 involving database(ms access 2000) with driver jet4.0. i need to make an interface in the application to browse file and select the database that'll be used in the application,but i don't know how.please,i need some guidances.
    :
    :
    The easiest way is to use the TOpenDialog. This has all the methods you need. Here is a small example code:
    [code]
    if OpenDialog1.Execute then
    OpenSomeFile(OpenDialog1.Filename);
    [/code]
  • leopangaribuanleopangaribuan Member Posts: 5
    : : guys,
    : :
    : : can anyone help me?
    : : currently i'm on a project using delphi6 involving database(ms access 2000) with driver jet4.0. i need to make an interface in the application to browse file and select the database that'll be used in the application,but i don't know how.please,i need some guidances.
    : The easiest way is to use the TOpenDialog. This has all the methods you need. Here is a small example code:
    : [code]
    : if OpenDialog1.Execute then
    : OpenSomeFile(OpenDialog1.Filename);
    : [/code]
    :
    thanks a lot.i'll give it a try.