why does program execution start from main? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

why does program execution start from main?

bitsbits Posts: 4Member
plz can anyone answer this was asked at a viva .......
i just wanna know why is it cause the langauge intrpreter is designed tht way or something else.??????help me out plz

Comments

• ZarjayZarjay Posts: 21Member
    : plz can anyone answer this was asked at a viva .......
    : i just wanna know why is it cause the langauge intrpreter is designed tht way or something else.??????help me out plz
    :
    :

The compiler was designed to recognize main as the entry point in a program. It started that way with C, and C compilers were just built that way. It's the same way with C++ and Java just because of habit, consistency, standards, etc.

In the same way lines of text are called strings and whole numbers are called ints and decimal point numbers are called doubles or floats, main was simply decided to be the main point of entry for Java.