Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Recommendations for a good Starter book on SQL Server.

OneBadV8OneBadV8 Member Posts: 21

I am currently in charge of the DB of my company. We use a custom application developed in Access, but our problem is we keep buying smaller companies and now our user base is getting close to the Limit of Access.

So I was wondering if there was a good book (or series of books) to get me up to speed on SQL server (preferably 2005 but I know it's still in beta). I would need to know how to set up tables, queries, reports, and if it is possible to use forms in SQL Server like access, or use Access as a front end, or if I have to re-create all the forms for the end users in C#, or some other programming language.

Thanks!

Comments

• sumit_chauhansumit_chauhan Member Posts: 4
    hi

go 4 SQL Server 2000 Wrox publication for Professional

:
    : I am currently in charge of the DB of my company. We use a custom application developed in Access, but our problem is we keep buying smaller companies and now our user base is getting close to the Limit of Access.
    :
    : So I was wondering if there was a good book (or series of books) to get me up to speed on SQL server (preferably 2005 but I know it's still in beta). I would need to know how to set up tables, queries, reports, and if it is possible to use forms in SQL Server like access, or use Access as a front end, or if I have to re-create all the forms for the end users in C#, or some other programming language.
    :
    : Thanks!
    :