Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

multiple forms... how to ?

Chimera2012Chimera2012 Posts: 4Member
Hii guys, I am writing a program in c# for PDA...

I am also a newbie in C# and have a simple question ...

I am creation more than one forms (windows forms),
as a result of this I have to travel around forms in program however I dont know how? ....

How can I activate another "form" (window) when I click the button :)...

thank you

Comments

• OneBadV8OneBadV8 Posts: 21Member
    Well I don't work with multiple forms much, but one approach I use is to stack multiple panels of the same size on top of each other and make all of their 'visible' properties to false except the current one they are using.

Then instead of activating another form, you can just hide the current panel and change the next panel's visible property to true.

as far as multiple forms I think in C++ you had to create an object of the form (say form A) inside of the code for the form (form B) that you want to open the Form A from.

so for example, You click a button on FormA that creates an instance of FormB and shows it to the screen, like FormB.Show() or something. A little rusty on this one, but hopefully it'll give a little direction.

: Hii guys, I am writing a program in c# for PDA...
    :
    : I am also a newbie in C# and have a simple question ...
    :
    : I am creation more than one forms (windows forms),
    : as a result of this I have to travel around forms in program however I dont know how? ....
    :
    : How can I activate another "form" (window) when I click the button :)...
    :
    : thank you
    :