Can't connect to DB from new virtual directory - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Can't connect to DB from new virtual directory

chasihlechasihle Posts: 1Member
I have developed an application in Visual Studio .Net 2003 /C#, I use Oracle for the datastore. Everything works fine when I keep the the Web Server (IIS) and the Database server co-located on the same machine. However, when I create a new virtual directory on a different machine and setup the web app there (via msi) I cannot connect to the database.

I also have a copy of visual studio installed on this second machine and cannont connect to the database server in debug mode either.

I am able to connect to the database from the second machine via various db utilities but not through the application.

does anyone have any idea of what could be causing this or where i might look for some possible solutions to this problem?

thanks