Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Best environement for a beginner

Hello there,

I'm hoping to make my final year project at college based around an embedded microcontroller. Most of the kit at University is based around PICs and C2C. Is this kit used in industry and will gaining in-depth knowledge of it help my future job prospects, or would I be better placed attempting to familiarise myself with more widely accepted industry standards? If so, what would be the best options to consider?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Simon

Comments

• LundinLundin Member Posts: 3,711
    : Hello there,
    :
    : I'm hoping to make my final year project at college based around an embedded microcontroller. Most of the kit at University is based around PICs and C2C. Is this kit used in industry and will gaining in-depth knowledge of it help my future job prospects, or would I be better placed attempting to familiarise myself with more widely accepted industry standards? If so, what would be the best options to consider?
    :
    : Any advice would be most appreciated.
    :
    : Cheers,
    :
    : Simon
    :

PIC is widely used in the industry where you require a cheap, small 8-bit MCU. However, almost all chip manufacturers have their own equal variant to that, 8051 and HC08 are probably equal competitors.