Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

MP3 player in MSDOS?

hi. can anyone tell me if it's possible to writen a mp3 player in MSDOS environment?

if it is, can anyone point me to where the source codes are available, algorithms and documentations? thanks to anyone who helped.

regards,

Danny

btw, i have written a CD-ROM player with GUI cum mouse support. Anyone who wants it can send a mail to me. Thanks

Comments

• can i get a copy of the cd player?

just email it to me if you please ;-)

and i would think that an mp3 player in msdos would be quite DAMN possible. you can play waves in dos can't you? my point exactly.

thx,

sheipr

: hi. can anyone tell me if it's possible to writen a mp3 player in MSDOS environment?

:

: if it is, can anyone point me to where the source codes are available, algorithms and documentations? thanks to anyone who helped.

:

: regards,

: Danny

:

: btw, i have written a CD-ROM player with GUI cum mouse support. Anyone who wants it can send a mail to me. Thanks

:

• Sure you can. Just get the specs and code it ;-)

You'll get crazy after reading the first 1000 lines of the specs...

I suppose to get the source of a GNU player (for example AMP that comes with kmp3 ... I'm talking 'bout Linux...), and change the sound I/O routines

: hi. can anyone tell me if it's possible to writen a mp3 player in MSDOS environment?

:

: if it is, can anyone point me to where the source codes are available, algorithms and documentations? thanks to anyone who helped.

:

:

: btw, i have written a CD-ROM player with GUI cum mouse support. Anyone who wants it can send a mail to me. Thanks

• i want that gui dos mp3 player with mouse support

please e-mail me with it @ str8off187@address.com

thanks

• : i want that gui dos mp3 player with mouse support
    : please e-mail me.
    : thanks
    :
    :
    :

• ..library called -XAudio MP3 SDK-. It's a MP3 decoding library.
    Playing MP3 files actually means decoding to wav in realtime, so it's not really a question of wether DOS supports MP3 but rather if it supports wav.. Wich we know it does.
    Though I suggest that you write the player in 32 bit protected DOS instead of real 16 bit. You get hell of a lot more memory if you do it in 32 bit, wich you probably know is a fairly big issue when it comes to dealing with sound.

Here's the link to XAudio:

www.xaudio.com

Good Luck.
    /Robert

:
    :
    :
    :
    :