Second mouse with own cursor - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Second mouse with own cursor

I want to connect a second mouse to the computer (XP). This mouse should have its own cursor and I want full control of it i.e. all mouse events must be captured and handled by my application regardless of the cursor positition and which application is active.
I have tried with DirectInput but this does not work since in XP all attached mouse devices are treated as the system mouse. I have also tried Raw Input but this is dependent of the windows message WM_INPUT and can thus only capture mouse events generated when my application is active.
Do I need to write a mouse driver or is there a simpler solution?

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Comments

• GaashiusGaashius Posts: 349Member
    : I want to connect a second mouse to the computer (XP). This mouse should have its own cursor and I want full control of it i.e. all mouse events must be captured and handled by my application regardless of the cursor positition and which application is active.
    : I have tried with DirectInput but this does not work since in XP all attached mouse devices are treated as the system mouse. I have also tried Raw Input but this is dependent of the windows message WM_INPUT and can thus only capture mouse events generated when my application is active.
    : Do I need to write a mouse driver or is there a simpler solution?
    :
    : Thanks in advance,
    :
    : Christian
    :
    :
    I think you need a mouse driver - but only if the mouses are different.

Any questions? Just ask!

:-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)