Second mouse with own cursor - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Second mouse with own cursor

I want to connect a second mouse to the computer (XP). This mouse should have its own cursor and I want full control of it i.e. all mouse events must be captured and handled by my application regardless of the cursor positition and which application is active.
I have tried with DirectInput but this does not work since in XP all attached mouse devices are treated as the system mouse. I have also tried Raw Input but this is dependent of the windows message WM_INPUT and can thus only capture mouse events generated when my application is active.
Do I need to write a mouse driver or is there a simpler solution?

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Comments

• GaashiusGaashius Posts: 349Member
    : I want to connect a second mouse to the computer (XP). This mouse should have its own cursor and I want full control of it i.e. all mouse events must be captured and handled by my application regardless of the cursor positition and which application is active.
    : I have tried with DirectInput but this does not work since in XP all attached mouse devices are treated as the system mouse. I have also tried Raw Input but this is dependent of the windows message WM_INPUT and can thus only capture mouse events generated when my application is active.
    : Do I need to write a mouse driver or is there a simpler solution?
    :
    : Thanks in advance,
    :
    : Christian
    :
    :
    I think you need a mouse driver - but only if the mouses are different.

Any questions? Just ask!

:-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)