Can with the Pseudocode please or the method - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Can with the Pseudocode please or the method

Eager StudentEager Student Posts: 13Member
Hi! Everyone
I'm starting out in programming,I need a pseudocode or method to use to help me get started on coding(Pascal). Often, when I take a look at a coding assignment, it looks daunting, and it's hard to figure out exactly where to start. Especially with all of that specific code syntax.I need a Pseudocode that will let me focus on the algorithm - the problem solving technique - without letting the actual code syntax get in the way.For the following program that I want to design.I want to design a method that calculates the cost of a semesters tuition for a college student at Mid-State University. Variables include whether the student is an in-state resident (I for in-state, or O for out-of-state) and the number of credit hours for which the student is enrolling. The method should throw an exception if the residency code is invalid. Tuition is $75 per credit hour for in-state students and $125 per credit hour for out-of-state students. If a student enrolls in six hours or fewer, there is an additional $100 surcharge. Any student enrolled in 19 hours or more pays only the rate for 18 credit hours.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hi! Everyone
    : I'm starting out in programming,I need a pseudocode or method to use to help me get started on coding(Pascal). Often, when I take a look at a coding assignment, it looks daunting, and it's hard to figure out exactly where to start. Especially with all of that specific code syntax.I need a Pseudocode that will let me focus on the algorithm - the problem solving technique - without letting the actual code syntax get in the way.For the following program that I want to design.I want to design a method that calculates the cost of a semesters tuition for a college student at Mid-State University. Variables include whether the student is an in-state resident (I for in-state, or O for out-of-state) and the number of credit hours for which the student is enrolling. The method should throw an exception if the residency code is invalid. Tuition is $75 per credit hour for in-state students and $125 per credit hour for out-of-state students. If a student enrolls in six hours or fewer, there is an additional $100 surcharge. Any student enrolled in 19 hours or more pays only the rate for 18 credit hours.
    :
    :
    :
    See Delphi board. For DOS based pascals, change
    [code]
    raise Exception
    [/code]
    to
    [code]
    Halt(1);
    [/code]