Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

opening files

scorpionxx7scorpionxx7 Member Posts: 39
is it possible to open a .htm file on my harddrive using a relative address from delphi?

thanks for any help

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : is it possible to open a .htm file on my harddrive using a relative address from delphi?
    :
    : thanks for any help
    :
    Yes, a .htm file is a simple text file. You can either use a TStrings object to load them into or use AssignFile()-readln() combination.
  • scorpionxx7scorpionxx7 Member Posts: 39
    : : is it possible to open a .htm file on my harddrive using a relative address from delphi?
    : :
    : : thanks for any help
    : Yes, a .htm file is a simple text file. You can either use a TStrings object to load them into or use AssignFile()-readln() combination.
    :
    would that allow it to be viwed as a web page, or would that just open the code?
  • zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : : : is it possible to open a .htm file on my harddrive using a relative address from delphi?
    : : :
    : : : thanks for any help
    : : :
    : : Yes, a .htm file is a simple text file. You can either use a TStrings object to load them into or use AssignFile()-readln() combination.
    : would that allow it to be viwed as a web page, or would that just open the code?
    :
    It just opens the code. To show it as a webpage, you need to use the TWebBrowser and call its Navigate() or Navigate2() method.