Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Direct3D Initialization

bmiller1222bmiller1222 Posts: 107Member
I'm new to Direct3D programming, and am experimenting with 3d graphics. I create my graphics with 3ds max 7, export them as a directx (.x) file but i really have no idea where to go from here. Could someone please show me how to properly initialize, display, and destory direct3d objects (maybe a small tutorial on just how to get a screen to display in full screen mode). This would be great in c++, but vb.net is also an option. Anyways i am quite skilled with programming for windows, database, and internet, but am just learning direct3d. Thanks.

Comments

• MT2002MT2002 Posts: 1,444Member
    : I'm new to Direct3D programming, and am experimenting with 3d graphics. I create my graphics with 3ds max 7, export them as a directx (.x) file but i really have no idea where to go from here. Could someone please show me how to properly initialize, display, and destory direct3d objects (maybe a small tutorial on just how to get a screen to display in full screen mode). This would be great in c++, but vb.net is also an option. Anyways i am quite skilled with programming for windows, database, and internet, but am just learning direct3d. Thanks.
    :
    [blue]
    Here is a promising tutorial that covers almost
    all areas of Direct3d:
    http://www.two-kings.de/tutorials/d3d.html[/blue]
  • bmiller1222bmiller1222 Posts: 107Member
    : : I'm new to Direct3D programming, and am experimenting with 3d graphics. I create my graphics with 3ds max 7, export them as a directx (.x) file but i really have no idea where to go from here. Could someone please show me how to properly initialize, display, and destory direct3d objects (maybe a small tutorial on just how to get a screen to display in full screen mode). This would be great in c++, but vb.net is also an option. Anyways i am quite skilled with programming for windows, database, and internet, but am just learning direct3d. Thanks.
    : :
    : [blue]
    : Here is a promising tutorial that covers almost
    : all areas of Direct3d:
    : http://www.two-kings.de/tutorials/d3d.html[/blue]
    :
    thanks, this really helped.