Direct3D Initialization - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Direct3D Initialization

bmiller1222bmiller1222 Posts: 107Member
I'm new to Direct3D programming, and am experimenting with 3d graphics. I create my graphics with 3ds max 7, export them as a directx (.x) file but i really have no idea where to go from here. Could someone please show me how to properly initialize, display, and destory direct3d objects (maybe a small tutorial on just how to get a screen to display in full screen mode). This would be great in c++, but vb.net is also an option. Anyways i am quite skilled with programming for windows, database, and internet, but am just learning direct3d. Thanks.

Comments

• MT2002MT2002 Posts: 1,444Member
    : I'm new to Direct3D programming, and am experimenting with 3d graphics. I create my graphics with 3ds max 7, export them as a directx (.x) file but i really have no idea where to go from here. Could someone please show me how to properly initialize, display, and destory direct3d objects (maybe a small tutorial on just how to get a screen to display in full screen mode). This would be great in c++, but vb.net is also an option. Anyways i am quite skilled with programming for windows, database, and internet, but am just learning direct3d. Thanks.
    :
    [blue]
    Here is a promising tutorial that covers almost
    all areas of Direct3d:
    http://www.two-kings.de/tutorials/d3d.html[/blue]
  • bmiller1222bmiller1222 Posts: 107Member
    : : I'm new to Direct3D programming, and am experimenting with 3d graphics. I create my graphics with 3ds max 7, export them as a directx (.x) file but i really have no idea where to go from here. Could someone please show me how to properly initialize, display, and destory direct3d objects (maybe a small tutorial on just how to get a screen to display in full screen mode). This would be great in c++, but vb.net is also an option. Anyways i am quite skilled with programming for windows, database, and internet, but am just learning direct3d. Thanks.
    : :
    : [blue]
    : Here is a promising tutorial that covers almost
    : all areas of Direct3d:
    : http://www.two-kings.de/tutorials/d3d.html[/blue]
    :
    thanks, this really helped.