Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

sava data in a program

maximo187maximo187 Posts: 5Member
Hi guys im a newbie in the c sharp field
Up to now i always had the benefit of using a database to retrieve info and to store info.the program im writting now i cant make use of the database and my qeustion is how do i store info without a database and how do i populate fields.please help in assisting me on how i can do this please
Thank you

Comments

• dehadedehade Posts: 31Member
    : Hi guys im a newbie in the c sharp field
    : Up to now i always had the benefit of using a database to retrieve info and to store info.the program im writting now i cant make use of the database and my qeustion is how do i store info without a database and how do i populate fields.please help in assisting me on how i can do this please
    : Thank you
    :

You might want to take a look at using XML files. They are great since you can use them almost the same as an database connection.
  • maximo187maximo187 Posts: 5Member
    : : Hi guys im a newbie in the c sharp field
    : : Up to now i always had the benefit of using a database to retrieve info and to store info.the program im writting now i cant make use of the database and my qeustion is how do i store info without a database and how do i populate fields.please help in assisting me on how i can do this please
    : : Thank you
    : :
    :
    : You might want to take a look at using XML files. They are great since you can use them almost the same as an database connection.
    :
    will they grow if there is new info stored in them and do all windows paltform support them (execpt win 95)

• KujtimKujtim Posts: 2Member
    : : : Hi guys im a newbie in the c sharp field
    : : : Up to now i always had the benefit of using a database to retrieve info and to store info.the program im writting now i cant make use of the database and my qeustion is how do i store info without a database and how do i populate fields.please help in assisting me on how i can do this please
    : : : Thank you
    : : :
    : : You might want to take a look at using XML files. They are great since you can use them almost the same as an database connection.
    : will they grow if there is new info stored in them and do all windows paltform support them (execpt win 95)
    :
    :
    Well. If you Install visual studio in that System, you'll use XML files. They are simple documents, but the data in them are saved under certain conventions. Your XML stream manipulator will carry about it.