Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Simulation is fine but dosent work with hardware

I am using a original keil compiler for my project development. In that one code uses an interrupt.( I am programming on 8051 architecture ). The program is working well with simulation. but when i loaad it on the chip it is not working . The details is like this on port0 i have my LCD and on port1 i have my key board decoder 74ls923 which is interrupt driven on int0- P3.2. the hardware is working fine i have checked on that Pl advice me what to do i am using a version 7.0 of keil

Comments

• johnsonmejohnsonme Posts: 57Member
    Thats fine. Since you are using the h/w interrupt for this purpose, you need to initialize all the SFRs correctly. These includes the initialization for edge/level triggered and so on.
    Try litting some LEDs for test purpose on some other ports to make sure that the keyboard is working fine.
    LCD needs all the wave forms to be correctly followed to give the correct result. It is not just like writting into the control/data registers. Refer to the manufaturer's comments on the usage of the device.
    Iam in chennai and if you are in the same line, please revert so that we can do some experiments on it.

Regards,
    Johnson.

: I am using a original keil compiler for my project development. In that one code uses an interrupt.( I am programming on 8051 architecture ). The program is working well with simulation. but when i loaad it on the chip it is not working . The details is like this on port0 i have my LCD and on port1 i have my key board decoder 74ls923 which is interrupt driven on int0- P3.2. the hardware is working fine i have checked on that Pl advice me what to do i am using a version 7.0 of keil
    :