a couple fpc 2.0.0 questions - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

a couple fpc 2.0.0 questions

gundergunder Posts: 3Member
I downloaded fpc 2.0.0 last night. It's been years since I've done pascal programming so these may be really dumb questions, if so I apologize. First off, the readme says to compile the hello.pas program in the demo directory to make sure the compiler is working. There is no hello.pas nor is there a demo directory, there is an examples directory but it doesn't have it in there either. That's not a big deal though, I wrote my own and I was able to compile it just fine.

The big problem is that I cannot get any of the example programs to compile. It can't find any of the libraries (opengl, tcl, free vision). The compiler set up a config file when I installed but it still doesn't see them. I've tryed putting the directories in the IDE that comes with it but it didn't help. I tryed deleting and reinstalling it but it still didn't work.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I couldn't find anything in the documentation about it.

-gunder

Comments

• dmantionedmantione Posts: 2Member
    : I downloaded fpc 2.0.0 last night. It's been years since I've done pascal programming so these may be really dumb questions, if so I apologize. First off, the readme says to compile the hello.pas program in the demo directory to make sure the compiler is working. There is no hello.pas nor is there a demo directory, there is an examples directory but it doesn't have it in there either. That's not a big deal though, I wrote my own and I was able to compile it just fine.
    :
    : The big problem is that I cannot get any of the example programs to compile. It can't find any of the libraries (opengl, tcl, free vision). The compiler set up a config file when I installed but it still doesn't see them. I've tryed putting the directories in the IDE that comes with it but it didn't help. I tryed deleting and reinstalling it but it still didn't work.
    :
    : Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I couldn't find anything in the documentation about it.

OpenGL, Tcl and Free Vision are packages. You need to install them of course and add them to the unit path of the compiler. What platform are you using?

On Win32 the Free Vision units are installed in FPC2.0.0unitsi386-win32fv , so you need to add that directory with -Fu to teh command line or config file.

Danil Mantione
  • DrMartenDrMarten Posts: 748Member
    : : I downloaded fpc 2.0.0 last night. It's been years since I've done pascal programming so these may be really dumb questions, if so I apologize. First off, the readme says to compile the hello.pas program in the demo directory to make sure the compiler is working. There is no hello.pas nor is there a demo directory, there is an examples directory but it doesn't have it in there either. That's not a big deal though, I wrote my own and I was able to compile it just fine.
    : :
    : : The big problem is that I cannot get any of the example programs to compile. It can't find any of the libraries (opengl, tcl, free vision). The compiler set up a config file when I installed but it still doesn't see them. I've tryed putting the directories in the IDE that comes with it but it didn't help. I tryed deleting and reinstalling it but it still didn't work.
    : :
    : : Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I couldn't find anything in the documentation about it.
    :
    : OpenGL, Tcl and Free Vision are packages. You need to install them of course and add them to the unit path of the compiler. What platform are you using?
    :
    : On Win32 the Free Vision units are installed in FPC2.0.0unitsi386-win32fv , so you need to add that directory with -Fu to the command line or config file.
    :
    : Danil Mantione
    :