Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

what is the technology used in XML

saivinodsaivinod Posts: 1Member
This is vinod, very new to the XML. I just wanna know what is the technology used in XML and how the data is being pulled from a page.

Any help please.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : This is vinod, very new to the XML. I just wanna know what is the technology used in XML and how the data is being pulled from a page.
    :
    : Any help please.
    :
    You can find a full description of XML on www.w3schools.com. In windows programs the most commonly used method is the TDOMDocument interface. The microsoft site contains information on that.
    From within HTML, XML can be accessed using data-islands, XSL (and various supporting languages), and ActiveX. The www.w3.org and www.w3schools.com contain more info on that.
  • infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : This is vinod, very new to the XML. I just wanna know what is the technology used in XML and how the data is being pulled from a page.

The beautiful thing about XML is that it is plain text. Therefore any program on any platform can potentially use an XML source. XML is read like any other text file, parsed following a particular syntax like any other structured file, and processed in whatever manner the program desires.

There are a few "standard" ways of parsing XML. One is DOM, which builds an in-memory tree of objects representing the different parts of the XML source. The other is SAX, which is more like an event-based parser. Just about every programming language has support available for reading/parsing XML into structures that are useful in that language.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]