Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Space underscore

northicenorthice Posts: 1Member
What's the rule on its use? I've used it infrequently but I enter a program from a book exactly as it was typed and got an error message. I removed the space underscore and put everything on one line rather than deal with it.

Comments

• bmiller1222bmiller1222 Posts: 107Member
    : What's the rule on its use? I've used it infrequently but I enter a program from a book exactly as it was typed and got an error message. I removed the space underscore and put everything on one line rather than deal with it.
    :
    Just preference, and also for some people it is clearer to understand as you do not have to scroll i guess. Personally i just use one line, and if it is a long variable assignment then i just do as shown in the example below, but generally for function names and such i just keep it on one line

strData = "i am just using this"
    strData = strData & " as an example."

Now strData would contain:

strData = "i am just using this as an example."