Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

convert a file from binary to ascii and ascii to binary

I have no idea on how to do this program. if anyone has this code please email it to me at GOMEZ0011@MSN.COM. The program has to work for any file.

THANKS

Comments

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Member Posts: 6,519
    : I have no idea on how to do this program. if anyone has this code please email it to me at GOMEZ0011@MSN.COM. The program has to work for any file.
    :
    : THANKS
    :
    [blue]Both of these statements are correct:

All files are ASCII.
    All files are binary.

You need to specify how exactly the problem stated. Because all files are sequences of bytes. And almost every byte can be represented by an ASCII symbol, example: byte 41h is a symbol 'A'. You do not need any conversion here. The interpretation of a byte is an ASCII symbol. And the oppositre is also correct - any ASCII symbol is a binary byte.

So, what exactly needed?
    [/blue]
  • hermin05hermin05 Member Posts: 2
    : : I have no idea on how to do this program. if anyone has this code please email it to me at GOMEZ0011@MSN.COM. The program has to work for any file.
    : :
    : : THANKS
    : [blue]Both of these statements are correct:
    :
    : All files are ASCII.
    : All files are binary.
    :
    : You need to specify how exactly the problem stated. Because all files are sequences of bytes. And almost every byte can be represented by an ASCII symbol, example: byte 41h is a symbol 'A'. You do not need any conversion here. The interpretation of a byte is an ASCII symbol. And the oppositre is also correct - any ASCII symbol is a binary byte.
    :
    : So, what exactly needed?
    : [/blue]
    :
    Well i have to convert a binary file into ascii and back again. it has to be in base64, i hope that's enough information

• frizzzfrizzz Member Posts: 49
    : : : I have no idea on how to do this program. if anyone has this code please email it to me at GOMEZ0011@MSN.COM. The program has to work for any file.
    : : :
    : : : THANKS
    : : :
    : : [blue]Both of these statements are correct:
    : : All files are ASCII.
    : : All files are binary.
    : : You need to specify how exactly the problem stated. Because all files are sequences of bytes. And almost every byte can be represented by an ASCII symbol, example: byte 41h is a symbol 'A'. You do not need any conversion here. The interpretation of a byte is an ASCII symbol. And the oppositre is also correct - any ASCII symbol is a binary byte.
    : : So, what exactly needed?
    : : [/blue]
    : Well i have to convert a binary file into ascii and back again. it has to be in base64, i hope that's enough information
    :
    : Download my FD-based OS "FDOS1" from my homepage
    www.rcfriz.de
    It contains a dump-function, which allows You to see every byte in the memory in ASCII (AP-PC-charset) and hexadecimal. You only need to press F12 and select this function in a menu ("memory/dump"). If You look at the sourcecode, You can investigate in detail, how this is done. Everything is well commented for beginners.
    If You want a well done tutorial about assembler-programming, download:
    www.drpaulcarter.com/pcasm/
    ...and learn by example reading my code.