Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Embedded OS

mobby_reloadmobby_reload Member Posts: 51
Hello All,
I have to build a robot which can move. for that I need to interface with camera also. Any one can tell me what could be free Embedded OS which can be booted from USB Flash Drive for this project.
Thanx.

Comments

• LundinLundin Member Posts: 3,711
    : Hello All,
    : I have to build a robot which can move. for that I need to interface with camera also. Any one can tell me what could be free Embedded OS which can be booted from USB Flash Drive for this project.
    : Thanx.
    :

Every OS is hardware specific. So tell which CPU you have.
  • sandyARMsandyARM Member Posts: 9
    : : Hello All,
    : : I have to build a robot which can move. for that I need to interface with camera also. Any one can tell me what could be free Embedded OS which can be booted from USB Flash Drive for this project.
    : : Thanx.
    : :
    :
    : Every OS is hardware specific. So tell which CPU you have.
    :

yes . details of the H/W platform is necessary to decide which OS can be ported on to it. If you have got a custom board then probably you need to do a lotz of homework.
    1.processor :
    2.u want to boot from USB. ie.. USB device it self will have the OS image but you need to have a boot ROM /XIP flash etc containing the boot loader. which can subsequentely load/copy the OS image from USB File system to a Static RAM in processors Address space .
    finaly jump to the ram address and OS takes care ...

This is a generic description. You have to specify the H/W platform details inprder to proceed further.

• LundinLundin Member Posts: 3,711
    : : : Hello All,
    : : : I have to build a robot which can move. for that I need to interface with camera also. Any one can tell me what could be free Embedded OS which can be booted from USB Flash Drive for this project.
    : : : Thanx.
    : : :
    : : Every OS is hardware specific. So tell which CPU you have.
    :
    : yes . details of the H/W platform is necessary to decide which OS can be ported on to it. If you have got a custom board then probably you need to do a lotz of homework.
    : 1.processor :
    : 2.u want to boot from USB. ie.. USB device it self will have the OS image but you need to have a boot ROM /XIP flash etc containing the boot loader. which can subsequentely load/copy the OS image from USB File system to a Static RAM in processors Address space .
    : finaly jump to the ram address and OS takes care ...
    :
    : This is a generic description. You have to specify the H/W platform details inprder to proceed further.
    : Thanks :)
    :

I don't think the OP gives a damn since it was 4 months since he posted this. Why bring it back to life?

• sandyARMsandyARM Member Posts: 9
    : : : : Hello All,
    : : : : I have to build a robot which can move. for that I need to interface with camera also. Any one can tell me what could be free Embedded OS which can be booted from USB Flash Drive for this project.
    : : : : Thanx.
    : : : :
    : : : Every OS is hardware specific. So tell which CPU you have.
    : : yes . details of the H/W platform is necessary to decide which OS can be ported on to it. If you have got a custom board then probably you need to do a lotz of homework.
    : : 1.processor :
    : : 2.u want to boot from USB. ie.. USB device it self will have the OS image but you need to have a boot ROM /XIP flash etc containing the boot loader. which can subsequentely load/copy the OS image from USB File system to a Static RAM in processors Address space .
    : : finaly jump to the ram address and OS takes care ...
    : : This is a generic description. You have to specify the H/W platform details inprder to proceed further.
    : : Thanks :)
    :
    :
    : I don't think the OP gives a damn since it was 4 months since he posted this. Why bring it back to life?
    :
    :
    thats right. I did not check the post date. sorry :)