Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

[b][red]This message was edited by hacker123 at 2005-5-10 9:52:52[/red][/b][hr]
I have just started proggraming and have become interested in proggraming games.
I read an article about how not to start at 'the deep end' but I had already started designing a futuristic, real-time strategy game.
i understand most of C/C++ programming, but i just can't work out how to create a game. I have all of the equipment (complilers, 3D graphics animators etc). so if anyone could help me it would be greatly appriciated.tips, tutorials anything.

my e~mail address: lammie12345@yahoo.co.uk

thanks!!
:D

Comments

• MT2002MT2002 Member Posts: 1,444
    : [b][red]This message was edited by hacker123 at 2005-5-10 9:52:52[/red][/b][hr]
    : I have just started proggraming and have become interested in proggraming games.
    : I read an article about how not to start at 'the deep end' but I had already started designing a futuristic, real-time strategy game.
    : i understand most of C/C++ programming, but i just can't work out how to create a game. I have all of the equipment (complilers, 3D graphics animators etc). so if anyone could help me it would be greatly appriciated.tips, tutorials anything.
    :
    : my e~mail address: lammie12345@yahoo.co.uk
    :
    : thanks!!
    : :D
    [blue]
    If you have never made a game, I recommend to stop now.
    Video games ([b]espically[/b] 3d) can be very difficult
    to create. Start smaller.

Do you know any graphics API (Like OpenGL, DirectX)?
    If not, than that is your next step. I recommend
    getting [b]Tricks of the Windows Game Programming
    Gurus[/b]. Its a little dated-but, IMO, it is still
    the best book out there. It teaches the basics of
    the Win32 API/DirectX, and Game Programming.[/blue]
  • ramborambo Member Posts: 2
    : [b][red]This message was edited by hacker123 at 2005-5-10 9:52:52[/red][/b][hr]
    : I have just started proggraming and have become interested in proggraming games.
    : I read an article about how not to start at 'the deep end' but I had already started designing a futuristic, real-time strategy game.
    : i understand most of C/C++ programming, but i just can't work out how to create a game. I have all of the equipment (complilers, 3D graphics animators etc). so if anyone could help me it would be greatly appriciated.tips, tutorials anything.
    :
    : my e~mail address: lammie12345@yahoo.co.uk
    :
    : thanks!!
    : :D
    :
    :
    :
    : hi! hacker123
    im rambo and i suggest that using 3D graphics in c/c++ programming is very difficult (i think it is not possible to create a 3d in c/c++ programming coz it is just a 2D programming. i think u better use some programming language to make a 3D game. :)

: : [b][red]This message was edited by hacker123 at 2005-5-10 9:52:52[/red][/b][hr]
    : : I have just started proggraming and have become interested in proggraming games.
    : : I read an article about how not to start at 'the deep end' but I had already started designing a futuristic, real-time strategy game.
    : : i understand most of C/C++ programming, but i just can't work out how to create a game. I have all of the equipment (complilers, 3D graphics animators etc). so if anyone could help me it would be greatly appriciated.tips, tutorials anything.
    : :
    : : my e~mail address: lammie12345@yahoo.co.uk
    : : thanks!!
    : : :D
    : : hi! hacker123
    : im rambo and i suggest that using 3D graphics in c/c++ programming is very difficult (i think it is not possible to create a 3d in c/c++ programming coz it is just a 2D programming. i think u better use some programming language to make a 3D game. :)
    [blue]
    It is possible to create 3d games in C/C++. Not easy--but
    possible. Many games have even been a combination of
    C and Assembler (Quake and Wolfenstien 3d)-both have over
    50,000 lines of code. C/C++ (and Java) are industry standard
    programming laguages for PC, Playstation2, XBox, etc.[/blue]

• ramborambo Member Posts: 2
    : : : [b][red]This message was edited by hacker123 at 2005-5-10 9:52:52[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : I have just started proggraming and have become interested in proggraming games.
    : : : I read an article about how not to start at 'the deep end' but I had already started designing a futuristic, real-time strategy game.
    : : : i understand most of C/C++ programming, but i just can't work out how to create a game. I have all of the equipment (complilers, 3D graphics animators etc). so if anyone could help me it would be greatly appriciated.tips, tutorials anything.
    : : :
    : : : my e~mail address: lammie12345@yahoo.co.uk
    : : : thanks!!
    : : : :D
    : : : hi! hacker123
    : : im rambo and i suggest that using 3D graphics in c/c++ programming is very difficult (i think it is not possible to create a 3d in c/c++ programming coz it is just a 2D programming. i think u better use some programming language to make a 3D game. :)
    : [blue]
    : It is possible to create 3d games in C/C++. Not easy--but
    : possible. Many games have even been a combination of
    : C and Assembler (Quake and Wolfenstien 3d)-both have over
    : 50,000 lines of code. C/C++ (and Java) are industry standard
    : programming laguages for PC, Playstation2, XBox, etc.[/blue]
    :
    :
    yeah it is possible through the hepl of other languages but if you are talking about C/C++ alone. I think it is not possible. I thought you are talking C/C++ alone. im very sorry if i give some wrong information about it.
    : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by hacker123 at 2005-5-10 9:52:52[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : I have just started proggraming and have become interested in proggraming games.
    : : : : I read an article about how not to start at 'the deep end' but I had already started designing a futuristic, real-time strategy game.
    : : : : i understand most of C/C++ programming, but i just can't work out how to create a game. I have all of the equipment (complilers, 3D graphics animators etc). so if anyone could help me it would be greatly appriciated.tips, tutorials anything.
    : : : :
    : : : : my e~mail address: lammie12345@yahoo.co.uk
    : : : : thanks!!
    : : : : :D
    : : : : hi! hacker123
    : : : im rambo and i suggest that using 3D graphics in c/c++ programming is very difficult (i think it is not possible to create a 3d in c/c++ programming coz it is just a 2D programming. i think u better use some programming language to make a 3D game. :)
    : : [blue]
    : : It is possible to create 3d games in C/C++. Not easy--but
    : : possible. Many games have even been a combination of
    : : C and Assembler (Quake and Wolfenstien 3d)-both have over
    : : 50,000 lines of code. C/C++ (and Java) are industry standard
    : : programming laguages for PC, Playstation2, XBox, etc.[/blue]
    : yeah it is possible through the hepl of other languages but if you are talking about C/C++ alone. I think it is not possible. I thought you are talking C/C++ alone. im very sorry if i give some wrong information about it.
    [blue]
    It [b]is[/b] very possible to make 2d and 3d games
    in C/C++ alone. C/C++ are industry standard. Quake
    req. inline ASM because it was a DOS application.
    Most games are written with APIs like OpenGL/DirectX.
    These APIs are usually written in C/C++ (DirectX was
    in C++).[/blue]
  • ScarecrowScarecrow Member Posts: 14
    : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by hacker123 at 2005-5-10 9:52:52[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : I have just started proggraming and have become interested in proggraming games.
    : : : : I read an article about how not to start at 'the deep end' but I had already started designing a futuristic, real-time strategy game.
    : : : : i understand most of C/C++ programming, but i just can't work out how to create a game. I have all of the equipment (complilers, 3D graphics animators etc). so if anyone could help me it would be greatly appriciated.tips, tutorials anything.
    : : : : my e~mail address: lammie12345@yahoo.co.uk
    : : : : thanks!!
    : : : : :D
    : : : : hi! hacker123
    : : : im rambo and i suggest that using 3D graphics in c/c++ programming is very difficult (i think it is not possible to create a 3d in c/c++ programming coz it is just a 2D programming. i think u better use some programming language to make a 3D game. :)
    : : [blue]
    : : It is possible to create 3d games in C/C++. Not easy--but
    : : possible. Many games have even been a combination of
    : : C and Assembler (Quake and Wolfenstien 3d)-both have over
    : : 50,000 lines of code. C/C++ (and Java) are industry standard
    : : programming laguages for PC, Playstation2, XBox, etc.[/blue]
    : yeah it is possible through the hepl of other languages but if you are talking about C/C++ alone. I think it is not possible. I thought you are talking C/C++ alone. im very sorry if i give some wrong information about it.
    :

Jesus, it's possible to make 3D games in friggin BASIC...
    : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by hacker123 at 2005-5-10 9:52:52[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : I have just started proggraming and have become interested in proggraming games.
    : : : : : I read an article about how not to start at 'the deep end' but I had already started designing a futuristic, real-time strategy game.
    : : : : : i understand most of C/C++ programming, but i just can't work out how to create a game. I have all of the equipment (complilers, 3D graphics animators etc). so if anyone could help me it would be greatly appriciated.tips, tutorials anything.
    : : : : :
    : : : : : my e~mail address: lammie12345@yahoo.co.uk
    : : : : : thanks!!
    : : : : : :D
    : : : : : hi! hacker123
    : : : : im rambo and i suggest that using 3D graphics in c/c++ programming is very difficult (i think it is not possible to create a 3d in c/c++ programming coz it is just a 2D programming. i think u better use some programming language to make a 3D game. :)
    : : : [blue]
    : : : It is possible to create 3d games in C/C++. Not easy--but
    : : : possible. Many games have even been a combination of
    : : : C and Assembler (Quake and Wolfenstien 3d)-both have over
    : : : 50,000 lines of code. C/C++ (and Java) are industry standard
    : : : programming laguages for PC, Playstation2, XBox, etc.[/blue]
    : : yeah it is possible through the hepl of other languages but if you are talking about C/C++ alone. I think it is not possible. I thought you are talking C/C++ alone. im very sorry if i give some wrong information about it.
    :
    : Jesus, it's possible to make 3D games in friggin BASIC...
    [blue]
    Seriously? I heard BASIC was two slow for 3d games..
    Nontheless, BASIC would only work on Windows platforms.[/blue]