Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Storing Login Info

Rand626Rand626 Member Posts: 3
I have a Winform/VB.NET application that runs through Citrix. I need a idea on how best to be able to keep track of concurrent users in the application. The application logins are stored in a table in SQL Server 2000. The purpose of tracking this information is that we havea audit report that is suppose to display the login name that has inserted, updated or deleted records in the database.

Currently I can only track on users information at a time but need to be able to track concurrent users information. Again this is a winform/VB.NET application running on citrix.

Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Art Lorenzini
Database Administrator
State of South Dakota

Comments

• sumit_chauhansumit_chauhan Member Posts: 4
    Hi

I hope you are talking about logging. Log maintainence trap user details like login details, transactions performed by them on database, etc.

We use separate table for such purposes and triggers to identify their transations. But there are few more ways to handle them like sending explicit messages to trace (feature offer to you by .net), or my maintaing a common or individual duplicate table and update those table using TRIGGERS.

Regards,
    rahulchauhnmail@rediffmail.com

: I have a Winform/VB.NET application that runs through Citrix. I need a idea on how best to be able to keep track of concurrent users in the application. The application logins are stored in a table in SQL Server 2000. The purpose of tracking this information is that we havea audit report that is suppose to display the login name that has inserted, updated or deleted records in the database.
    :
    : Currently I can only track on users information at a time but need to be able to track concurrent users information. Again this is a winform/VB.NET application running on citrix.
    :
    : Anything would be greatly appreciated.
    :
    : Art Lorenzini
    : Database Administrator
    : State of South Dakota
    :
    :
    :
    :