Creating a graphical component. - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Creating a graphical component.

reenenreenen Posts: 1Member
Hi

I need to create a graphical component, that can be dragged and dropped, moved around, not unlike moving designtime.

This component must be a combination of a couple of labels, and a panel or an image or a paintbox or something similar. I must be able to create them ad infinitum at runtime. (Though 50 or so are the absolute max).

I do not want to include it into some package.

Can anyone give me pointers to how to do it? Or an article that covers something similar?

-Reenen

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hi
    :
    : I need to create a graphical component, that can be dragged and dropped, moved around, not unlike moving designtime.
    :
    : This component must be a combination of a couple of labels, and a panel or an image or a paintbox or something similar. I must be able to create them ad infinitum at runtime. (Though 50 or so are the absolute max).
    :
    : I do not want to include it into some package.
    :
    : Can anyone give me pointers to how to do it? Or an article that covers something similar?
    :
    : -Reenen
    :
    I would use a TFrame and inside it the default components. If you place them into a client-aligned panel and code the drag-drop coding into that panel, you can create a drag-dropable component.