Creating low pass filters help! - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Creating low pass filters help!

GBNvKGBNvK Posts: 2Member
Heya all,

I am researching the theory behind low-pass filters, and I want to write a program that will take in a WAV file, allow me to change the low pass and stop pass elements and basically rewrite the WAV with these changes. I have looked on the net for help but I cant find any information that doesnt contain big algebraic equations.

Can anybody point me in a direction for a relative newby at audio programming ?

Thanks,

GBNvK

Comments

• GaashiusGaashius Posts: 349Member
    : Heya all,
    :
    : I am researching the theory behind low-pass filters, and I want to write a program that will take in a WAV file, allow me to change the low pass and stop pass elements and basically rewrite the WAV with these changes. I have looked on the net for help but I cant find any information that doesnt contain big algebraic equations.
    :
    : Can anybody point me in a direction for a relative newby at audio programming ?
    :
    : Thanks,
    :
    : GBNvK
    :
    What language do you need to develop it in?

Any questions? Just ask!

:-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)

• GBNvKGBNvK Posts: 2Member
    : : Heya all,
    : :
    : : I am researching the theory behind low-pass filters, and I want to write a program that will take in a WAV file, allow me to change the low pass and stop pass elements and basically rewrite the WAV with these changes. I have looked on the net for help but I cant find any information that doesnt contain big algebraic equations.
    : : Can anybody point me in a direction for a relative newby at audio programming ?
    : : Thanks,
    : : GBNvK
    : What language do you need to develop it in?
    :
    : ****************
    : Any questions? Just ask!
    :
    : :-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)

Heya Gaashius...

I will be writing it in Blitzbasic as this offers extreme ease of use with speedy results :) Basically, if any code examples are forthcoming then I suppose it would be cool in some kinda psuedocode, but I can read C. :)

• GaashiusGaashius Posts: 349Member
    : : : Heya all,
    : : :
    : : : I am researching the theory behind low-pass filters, and I want to write a program that will take in a WAV file, allow me to change the low pass and stop pass elements and basically rewrite the WAV with these changes. I have looked on the net for help but I cant find any information that doesnt contain big algebraic equations.
    : : : Can anybody point me in a direction for a relative newby at audio programming ?
    : : : Thanks,
    : : : GBNvK
    : : What language do you need to develop it in?
    : : ****************
    : : Any questions? Just ask!
    : : :-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)
    :
    :
    : Heya Gaashius...
    :
    : I will be writing it in Blitzbasic as this offers extreme ease of use with speedy results :) Basically, if any code examples are forthcoming then I suppose it would be cool in some kinda psuedocode, but I can read C. :)
    :
    :
    Well I leave this question to the others... since my english is terrible, I hear Blitzbasic first of here. Low pass and stop pass elements are somekind of first heard also - maybe I know what do you think, but I don't know what are them - since I teach everything myself(And usually in hungarian).

I'm afraid that a BASIC type language cannot hold such PL forms as C does, I mean here about built-in assembler, etc. I hope others can give you good answers. Or you could tell me what's that low pass and stop pass things - I could help maybe maybe...

Any questions? Just ask!

:-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)

• mcmonkeys1mcmonkeys1 Posts: 12Member
    i'm assuming since you just want to write wav files, that your not concerned with speed (i.e. assembly inserts). Here's good site for
    simple audio in ansi-type C++. Includes all sorts of useful tools.
    check it out:

http://groovit.disjunkt.com/analog/time-domain/audio.html

-ros...