Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

when i create large arrays, error comes : "Segmentation Failure"

muaz_farooqmuaz_farooq Posts: 4Member
hi everybody,

when i create large arrays like : array[1..2000,1..2000] of integer
it gives error at runtime saying :

'Segmentation Failure'

one importatnt thing, i am working with VECTOR PASCAL. A new compiler of pascal which uses simd instruction set to achieve parallelism. I am sure that all of you guys will be aware of that.

anyways wat should i do.....waiting eagerly for replys...

Comments

• GaashiusGaashius Posts: 349Member
    : hi everybody,
    :
    : when i create large arrays like : array[1..2000,1..2000] of integer
    : it gives error at runtime saying :
    :
    : 'Segmentation Failure'
    :
    : one importatnt thing, i am working with VECTOR PASCAL. A new compiler of pascal which uses simd instruction set to achieve parallelism. I am sure that all of you guys will be aware of that.
    :
    : anyways wat should i do.....waiting eagerly for replys...
    :
    :
    :
    Maybe your array is too large. Do you have any reference book or help file about this VECTOR PASCAL? Maybe they write something about array sizes.

Any questions? Just ask!

:-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)

• ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
    : hi everybody,
    :
    : when i create large arrays like : array[1..2000,1..2000] of integer
    : it gives error at runtime saying :
    :
    : 'Segmentation Failure'
    :
    : one importatnt thing, i am working with VECTOR PASCAL. A new compiler of pascal which uses simd instruction set to achieve parallelism. I am sure that all of you guys will be aware of that.
    :
    : anyways wat should i do.....waiting eagerly for replys...

Assuming a 32bit integer, that's a 16mb array you're trying to load on the stack, which is probably just too big. You'll probably have to create the array at run-time by allocating memory for it on the heap.