Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

VB.Net override DTS Global Variable problem

StompcatStompcat Posts: 2Member
The relevent code I'm using to override the global variable is below. The DTS package runs within DTS, however, when I try to execute with .Net, I get the error log file below: What parameter is missing a default value? 'DTSTransformation__28' is a text file which I'm trying to override with the global variable "FileName".
Any clues or hints?

Dim oPKG As DTS.Package
Dim oVar As DTS.GlobalVariables
oVar = oPKG.GlobalVariables
oVar.Item("FileName").Value = sFileName

*******************************LOG FILE *******************************************
Execution Started: 5/3/2005 12:24:14 PM

@@LogSourceRows: Q:CLP-ITStatisticsPeople CounterWaitingInputTestInputFrankErrors.txt.Source
@@LogDestRows: Q:CLP-ITStatisticsPeople CounterWaitingInputTestInputFrankErrors.txt.Dest

@@ErrorRow: 1
Error during Transformation 'DTSTransformation__28' for Row number 1. Errors encountered so far in this task: 1.

Error Source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Data Pump
Error Description:Error Code: 0
Error Source= Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Error Description: Invalid procedure call or argument: 'DTSDestination'

Error on Line 7

Error Help File:sqldts80.hlp
Error Help Context ID:30631

Error Source: mscorlib
Error Description:Missing parameter does not have a default value.
Parameter name: parameters
Error Help File:
Error Help Context ID:0
@@SourceRow: Logged
@@DestRow: Not Available

@@ExecutionCompleted

Execution Completed: 5/3/2005 12:24:16 PM