Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

visual basic vrs visual c

Hi,

I love to program but haven't done it in years. I know quick basic, fortran, cobel, assembly, some c+ and I think a few others that I can't remember.

What I want to do is to start programming windows apps perhaps some web apps. Basically utilities, or script type apps. Not much graphics due to the fact that they have high end graphics programs to make games now.

But I'd like to throw in a graphics once in awhile.

Anyway, I thought that I should start with either Visual Basic or Visual C type compiler.

My problem is I don't know what the advantage is for either? C just sounds more powerful but would I use it to that extent.

I have a feeling Visual Basic would be easier for me to pick up. As I have been writing a few vb scripts and many quickbasic programs and enjoyed that. My only fear is it may not have the power to that Visual C has.

When I wrote code in Quickbasic many times I would have to include hooks to run assembly language to get what I wanted. But I think Visual Basic can do that now.

Anyone can anyone give me a suggestion?

Thanks,
Scott