Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

searching a listbox

Geoff_HGeoff_H Posts: 45Member
How do you search a list box which has both the username and password in one line and separate these to do a if statement to see whether the username of the list box is equal to the textbox. I just need the most basic of search methods. Thanks in advance

Comments

• kapiloo7kapiloo7 Posts: 45Member
    : How do you search a list box which has both the username and password in one line and separate these to do a if statement to see whether the username of the list box is equal to the textbox. I just need the most basic of search methods. Thanks in advance
    :

u can do one thing. concatenate those username and password with a comma in between them and add that string to list box. then when ever u have to search a username split that string into an array like this

[code]
    Dim sUser(2) as string
    Dim i as integer

For i = 0 to lstListBox.ListCount - 1
    sUser = Split(lstListBox.List(i))
    If sUser(0) = txtUserName.Text Then
    '
    ' do something
    '
    Else
    ' not found
    End If
    Next

• BitByBit_ThorBitByBit_Thor Posts: 2,444Member
    : : How do you search a list box which has both the username and password in one line and separate these to do a if statement to see whether the username of the list box is equal to the textbox. I just need the most basic of search methods. Thanks in advance
    : :
    :
    :
    : u can do one thing. concatenate those username and password with a comma in between them and add that string to list box. then when ever u have to search a username split that string into an array like this
    :
    : [code]
    : Dim sUser(2) as string
    : Dim i as integer
    :
    : For i = 0 to lstListBox.ListCount - 1
    : sUser = Split(lstListBox.List(i))
    : If sUser(0) = txtUserName.Text Then
    : '
    : ' do something
    : '
    : Else
    : ' not found
    : End If
    : Next
    [/code]

And what would you be splitting then? Nothing?
    You have to specify the Delimiter to use.
    Split "One,Two", ","
    Or...
    Split "One, Two", ", "

Greets...
    Richard