Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Having problems with windows XP

guguagugua Posts: 10Member
I've recently tried to install my version of turbo pascal on my friend's windows xp.
At first it worked perfectly, but when I came to running the program - some sort of wierd error appeared.

My version works well with WIN 98, but has problems with windows XP.

What must I do to run programs on win XP ??

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps me.

Comments

• dolev9dolev9 Posts: 147Member
    my tp 7 works perfectly on win xp, but i cant get all the xms memory
    and screen resolution cant pass the 640X480.

all the rest is fine...

maby something else cause it - or i dont know what....
  • GaashiusGaashius Posts: 349Member
    : I've recently tried to install my version of turbo pascal on my friend's windows xp.
    : At first it worked perfectly, but when I came to running the program - some sort of wierd error appeared.
    :
    : My version works well with WIN 98, but has problems with windows XP.
    :
    : What must I do to run programs on win XP ??
    :
    : Thanks in advance to anyone that helps me.
    :
    What is that weird error?

Any questions? Just ask!

:-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)

• Phat NatPhat Nat Posts: 757Member
    : I've recently tried to install my version of turbo pascal on my friend's windows xp.
    : At first it worked perfectly, but when I came to running the program - some sort of wierd error appeared.
    :
    :
    :
    :

If it's Borland's Turbo Pascal 7, it's probably that your computer was slow (or has the fix), so no problems. His probably needs the speed fix. You can find it most places, I can't remember where right now, but search. I believe the error it gives is [b]ERROR 200[/b]

Phat Nat

• netgertnetgert Posts: 331Member
    :
    :
    :
    :
    as someone other mentioned before, if u get runtime error 200 you need to patch the crt module. there's plenty of help on the net
    if you get something like "Invalid CON code page for given keyboard state" when launcing tp and sometimes the keys you press start to give wrong letters then its problem with locale configuration. i was able to fix this (it took long but figured out)
    next time please be more specific with the "errors"
    [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]