Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Problem with Delphi 6 exe in XP

sri75sri75 Member Posts: 1
I have made a exe with Delphi in windows 2000(which is my development machine) and also made a distributable version of it.
Whenever I install this distributable version of exe in 98/2000/millenium, and execute it, it works fine all the time and I have no troubles using different features of the program.
But when I install this in a XP machine and try to execute it, it randomly gives me the standard Microsoft error saying, "myprogramname.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". Also prompting me if i want to send error report to Microsoft. If I try executing it again a few times, it would execute normally and I can use all the features. This problem occurs only randomly.

But when I change the compatibility mode of this exe on a XP machine to 98/Me it works fine all the time. The only problem being poor graphic features with respect to icons and buttons in the program.
It would be very kind if someone can advise me, where the problem could be. Would really appreciate your time and effort.

Comments

• sziszi81sziszi81 Member Posts: 80
    : I have made a exe with Delphi in windows 2000(which is my development machine) and also made a distributable version of it.
    : Whenever I install this distributable version of exe in 98/2000/millenium, and execute it, it works fine all the time and I have no troubles using different features of the program.
    : But when I install this in a XP machine and try to execute it, it randomly gives me the standard Microsoft error saying, "myprogramname.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". Also prompting me if i want to send error report to Microsoft. If I try executing it again a few times, it would execute normally and I can use all the features. This problem occurs only randomly.
    :
    : But when I change the compatibility mode of this exe on a XP machine to 98/Me it works fine all the time. The only problem being poor graphic features with respect to icons and buttons in the program.
    : It would be very kind if someone can advise me, where the problem could be. Would really appreciate your time and effort.
    :
    :

I had a similar problem. Try turning the Error Reporting off in Windows XP.