Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Show work in progress screenshots ?

gautamgautam Member Posts: 642
Hi guys,

I think it will be a good idea to show work in progress to get an idea of what everyone is doing and where they are with their projects etc.

What do you guys think of this ?

Comments

• GaashiusGaashius Member Posts: 349
    : Hi guys,
    :
    : I think it will be a good idea to show work in progress to get an idea of what everyone is doing and where they are with their projects etc.
    :
    : What do you guys think of this ?
    :
    Hope I understood it correctly,

A screenshot only takes one moment - maybe a moment when screen is black totally, when for example a guy tests a program. I think it's better to use a simple "camera" - a sequence or stream of screenshots taken sequentially (eg. every 100th msecs), if you really want to [b][italic]look[/italic][/b] at the people's work. It is slower, but far more useful.

Just warn me if I written something about completely different.

Any questions? Just ask!

:-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)

• gautamgautam Member Posts: 642
    Yes, but a black color screenshot says nothing. Render something at least to screen. Sure an AVI will be good but many don't have the bandwidth for it. Best bet is to show the working demo ;). But then that may not be feasible at all times.

: : Hi guys,
    : :
    : : I think it will be a good idea to show work in progress to get an idea of what everyone is doing and where they are with their projects etc.
    : : What do you guys think of this ?
    : Hope I understood it correctly,
    :
    : A screenshot only takes one moment - maybe a moment when screen is black totally, when for example a guy tests a program. I think it's better to use a simple "camera" - a sequence or stream of screenshots taken sequentially (eg. every 100th msecs), if you really want to [b][italic]look[/italic][/b] at the people's work. It is slower, but far more useful.
    :
    : Just warn me if I written something about completely different.
    :
    : ****************
    : Any questions? Just ask!
    :
    : :-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)
    :
    :
    :

• GaashiusGaashius Member Posts: 349
    : Yes, but a black color screenshot says nothing. Render something at least to screen. Sure an AVI will be good but many don't have the bandwidth for it. Best bet is to show the working demo ;). But then that may not be feasible at all times.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : : : Hi guys,
    : : :
    : : : I think it will be a good idea to show work in progress to get an idea of what everyone is doing and where they are with their projects etc.
    : : : What do you guys think of this ?
    : : Hope I understood it correctly,
    : : A screenshot only takes one moment - maybe a moment when screen is black totally, when for example a guy tests a program. I think it's better to use a simple "camera" - a sequence or stream of screenshots taken sequentially (eg. every 100th msecs), if you really want to [b][italic]look[/italic][/b] at the people's work. It is slower, but far more useful.
    : : Just warn me if I written something about completely different.
    : : ****************
    : : Any questions? Just ask!
    : : :-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)
    :
    :
    Not precisely thought of an AVI, just a sequence of screenshots eg. taken every 1/2 secs. It could be also done.

Any questions? Just ask!

:-) [b][blue]GAASHIUS[/blue][/b] :-)